Friday, December 3, 2010

A Wonderful Thanksgiving!!

I did go to my sister's house on Monday evening!  We got an early start on Tuesday (well, maybe not TOO early) but you should know what I mean--that is if you have a sister!!   I have been telling my friends that we actually had a 'cleaning marathon' on Tuesday.  On Wednesday, we had a 'cooking marathon' and on Thursday, we had an 'eating marathon'!!!!!   We did have a great time! We managed to get everything done on time and we even were able to do a short sprint to Target!!  We had SO much food!  God is SO VERY GOOD!   After eating, some of us made 'Christmas Tags' with paint and glue and Christmas wrapping paper!  The others just WATCHED us make them!!!  Both groups had FUN!
As for the birthday pictures, it required a little more technical experience than either my sister or I possessed!!  No problem--my brother-in-law came to our aid!!  I hate to admit this, but he left me to choose the ones that I wanted to post and to delete the ones I did not want.  I DID THAT EXACTLY LIKE I WAS SUPPOSED TOO!   And I was SO proud of myself!!! However, I also deleted everything that was on my camera--including the pictures that my youngest daughter had taken at the Georgia National Fair!  Sorry, Charity!!!  OUCH!   Someday, I am going to be SO good using computers, cameras and computer equipment--I just KNOW that I am!!  When my kids asked me (during our Thanksgiving meal) what I wanted for Christmas, and I told them that I wanted an IPAD , they thought that it was a JOKE!     I WAS NOT JOKING!   Someone even said that perhaps in about 10 or so years I would have enough saved to buy me one!!  HUMPH!  And , if that was not humbling enough, one of them even said , "Well, Mom, mostly college students use IPADS!"   (Does anyone know if that is true??)  Speaking of Christmas, it will soon be here. I am planning to go back to my sister's this Sunday to hear their choir present a Christmas musical!  I hope it will help me to have some Christmas energy because  we  do not even have our tree up and decoratedWell, perhaps tomorrow--after all, 'tomorrow is another day'!        
  Then, again,  there is always next week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey- I made it into your blog!!! I'm practically a celebrity. :) Although maybe next time it won't be about you deleting my pictures. ;)
    :) :) Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete