Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What Happens Between Thanksgiving and Christmas?????

Wow!  It was just Thanksgiving and NOW  Christmas is almost here!!  Would you like to know WHY  that I think Christmas is almost here?  WELL, today my cell phone rang and I knew that it was my Indiana daughter (she changed my ringtones all around when we were visiting her in October and gave herself a musical one--I do not know how she did it--nor do I wish to know!!).   However, when I answered it--it was NOT her.  IT WAS SANTA CLAUS!!   Yes, he actually called me--ho,ho, hoing!  He said that he had heard that I had been very good this year and that he would be bringing me a PUPPY for Christmas.  I kept saying, "No, No, I do not want a PUPPY--EVER!"  .   But he would not listen--just kept up all this JOLLY talking!  Hmmm!  Wait till I talk to Sheri!  She just HAPPENS to have 5 puppies (Schnoodles).  So, I called her and I said (loudly), " I DO NOT WANT A PUPPY!  I WANT AN IPAD!!!!!"     And, then I shared with her that one of my daughter-in-laws (I won't say which daughter-in-law, I'll just say she lives CLOSE to me) had told me that what I needed was a KINDLE--which Sheri thought was a very good idea!  It has internet access!  And one of my daughters( I'll not say which one-only that she gives shots sometimes!!!) told me that what I needed was a LAPTOP.  It is really nice to have so many people who know what I need!  Don't you think so?  Anyway, it is beginning to look like I will have to get my own IPAD.   The sad part is that my children do not think I can operate an IPAD!!!!   THEY ARE GOING TO BE SO SURPRISED!!    Well, back to Christmas--I tremendously enjoyed the Christmas Musical at my sister's church.  They did such a good job--in fact, it was SO good that I stayed an extra night and watched it again!  And, it did give me a good dose of Christmas energy.  I am ashamed to tell you that I lost it when I got home!!   Charity and I drug the Christmas tree out of the attic by ourselves!  Then, we worked on it like a puzzle and finally got it up!   That is as far as it has gotten!  No lights, no decorations, just  a TREE--and, no plans for any either!  I would be willing to bet that Christmas will come and go whether that tree gets decorated or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment