Friday, October 29, 2010

Another Cold Indianna Day

Wow!  It was chilly this morning.  What a day to lock ourselves out of the house--Ouch!  What to do??? No problem--we just hopped into our son-in-law's brother's truck!! Thankfully an uncle had a spare house key! I was shocked to see Amish ladies with children out driving into town that early in the morning with it being THAT cold!  I think that I would have just done without whatever it was that was needed!!  I mean, I was cold enough riding in a pickup truck with a good heater.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to ride to town in a horse drawn buggy! While our daughter went to the dentist, my husband and I walked down to a little coffee/antique shop. As I purchased our coffee, the owner asked if we were there for the meeting.  I had to admit that we were not, but were visiting our daughter.  And, she immediately said that she could tell as much from my accent!  Hmmm!  Well, it turns out that a Republican candidate for US Senate was meeting there briefly while on a sweeping tour of the state. Now that was right 'down our alley'!  Someone welcomed us and asked if we would be willing to wear  a sticker in favor of  Dan Coat.  So, here we sit with our coffee and our stickers when in comes the uncle who had previously brought us the house key!  We were enjoying ourselves immensely when our daughter called to tell us she was finished. Her dad told her to come on down! Of course, with her being familiar with our antics--she was just a wee bit reluctant!  However, we all enjoyed hearing Mr. Coat and were very glad that things had worked out so very well today!

No comments:

Post a Comment