Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sick of the 'Flu'!!!

Have you ever hurt all over--so much that you could not sit still?  Has your throat hurt so badly that you could not talk clearly?  Has your head ever felt like it would pop right open any minute?  WELL--if you have ever felt any of these things--then, I can tell you, YOU HAVE HAD THE FLU!!!!   For the past 3 weeks I have consumed almost an entire bottle of Vit C  and also Garlic.  One of my daughters came home one day and exclaimed--"Mom, this house reaks of GARLIC!"  I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel--I think! However, that energy that I have been talking about--I do not have much of it!!!  Even my son got worried about me.  Last Sunday afternoon, he said, "Mom, get your clothes on. We are going for a walk to the end of the driveway."  Then, when we got to the end of the driveway, he kept on walking and made me walk up to my neighbor's house.  I told him that I sure hoped no one saw me because I looked like 'death warmed over'--to which he replied that no, I just looked like COLD death!!! Children can make you feel so up when you are feeling so down!!  To look at the good side, I was able to read quite a lot.  I read a book called "The One I Knew Best Of All"  by Frances H. Burnett. I love good books. I recommend that as a very good book!  I also read "The Good Earth"  by Pearl S. Buck.  I did not think that was a good book.  I guess she did do an excellent job of describing life in early China.  Also, it did make me VERY grateful that God allowed me to be born in America.  But I did not care for the main character.  My sister and I have decided that we are going to read a 'classic' each month of 2011.  This month we are reading "Oliver Twist".  I will let you know how it makes me  feel.  I was able to go thru a ton of paper piles (at least it SEEMED like a ton).  That made me feel REALLY good!  I was able to go to church today--first time in 3 Sundays.  I can truly say that "it was good to be in the house of the Lord".  

Just in case you are wondering, I did NOT take a Flu shot this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment